Scholarship for the academic year 2021/2022
The call for scholarship is open
The Department of Biology and Biotechnology offers one scholarship to an excellent foreign student enrolling in the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics in the academic year 2021-2022. The duration of the scholarship is 2 academic years (from academic year 2021-2022 to 2022-2023). The scholarship will include 10,000 €/year (gross amount) and free accommodation in a University College (EDiSU). NOTE: THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FEE WAIVERS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.
- Bachelor’s Degree (with Honours, 3 years) or higher in Biology, Biotechnology or related disciplines awarded after 2016 by a foreign University (European or Extra-European) and deemed appropriate by an appointed Commission.
- Apply for admission to the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics through this website , during the application you will be asked if you want to apply for the scholarship (“Do you intend to apply for the MBG Scholarship for the academic year 2021-2022?” in section “Profile”). Students are required to attach all documents required to apply for admission to the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics (see this page). Reference letters: students must fill the dedicated section in the application form to allow referees to send the reference letter. Reference letters attached by candidates are not considered valid to apply for the scholarship.
- Read the entire call published on this page until you reach a section containing a code to apply, copy the code and paste it in the appropriate field in the application form for admission in the Master Degree Programme (see point 1).
Students who applied for the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics (academic year 2021-2022) before the activation of this call and decide to compete for the scholarship must reopen the application form to answer the question “Do you intend to apply for the MBG Scholarship for the academic year 2021-2022?” as indicated above. Students who meet problems reopening the application can contact email@example.com .
The application deadline is May 28, 2021.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Applications for the scholarship will be assessed by an appointed Commission.
Evaluation and selection of the candidates will take place in two steps:
- evaluation of the documents sent by each candidate and of the reference letters. The Commission will select candidates eligible for a Skype interview. The Commission will send to the selected candidates an e-mail to set up the date of the interview.
- Skype interview. During the Skype interview the Commission will ask questions concerning basic concepts in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Microbiology. The Commission will communicate the results of the interview by e-mail.
At the end of the interview, the Commission will tell each candidate whether he/she has been admitted to the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics. Interviews of students who applied for the scholarship will be recorded to compare “performances” and preparation of candidates. In June, the Commission will compare interviews and will select the student who will be the recipient of the scholarship, students who will be admitted to the Master Course without the scholarship and students who are not not admitted to the Master Course.
CONDITIONS OF THE AWARDING OF THE SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarships will be awarded according to the following conditions:
- The selected student will have to confirm his/her acceptance of the scholarship and of its conditions within the deadline indicated in the e-mail sent by the Commission.
- Travel expenses will be care of the student.
- If the selected candidate is from an extra-EU country, he/she will have to apply for a student VISA and to pre-enroll to the University of Pavia through the competent Italian diplomatic authority in his/her country.
- Insurances will be direct care of the student. In particular, for extra-EU students, health insurance might be bought by the student before leaving the country of origin, being this usually mandatory while applying for the VISA.
- The selected student must enroll in the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics and pay tuition fees (link).
- The first six months the scholarship will be paid in advance and subsequent payments will be made every six months after evaluation of the student’s profit.
- This scholarship is not compatible with having any other fellowship or position.
For further information candidates may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
CODE FOR APPLICATION
To apply for the scholarship, highlight the letters between “***” (see below), copy the hidden code and paste it in the appropriate field in the application form for admission in the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics.