Guidetti Gianni Francesco
Guidetti Gianni Francesco
Academic position: Assistant Professor
Phone number: +39 0382 987241
Fax: +39 0382 987240
Department: Department of Biology and Biotechnology “Lazzaro Spallanzani”
Methods in Biochemistry
Gianni Guidetti obtained the degree in Biological sciences in 2000 and the PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Physiology in 2004 at the University of Pavia. In 2002 he joined, as visiting scientist, the research group led by Professor J.L. Bos at the Department of Physiological Chemistry, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands. From 2004 to 2008 he worked as a Post-doc researcher at the department of Biochemistry of the University of Pavia. Since December 2008 he holds a position of assistant professor at the Department of Biology and Biotechnology, University of Pavia. Since 2017 he is a member of the teaching board in the PhD program in Biomedical Sciences of the University of Pavia.
Signal transduction of platelet activation in thrombosis and hemostasis. Platelet-tumor interactions and contribution of platelets and platelet-derived microparticles (PMPs) to tumor growth and metastasis.
- Zarà M, Canobbio I, Visconte C, Canino J, Torti M, Guidetti GF. Molecular mechanisms of platelet activation and aggregation induced by breast cancer cells. Cell Signal. 2018;48:45-53.
- Zarà M, Guidetti GF, Boselli D, Villa C, Canobbio I, Seppi C, Visconte C, Canino J, Torti M. Release of prometastatic platelet-derived microparticles induced by breast cancer cells: a novel positive feedback mechanism for metastasis, TH Open 2017;1(2):e155–e163.
- Guidetti GF, Zarà M, Canobbio I, Visconte C, Di Nunzio G, Torti M. Novel pharmacological inhibitors demonstrate the role of the tyrosine kinase Pyk2 in adhesion and aggregation of human platelets. Thromb Haemost. 2016;116:904-917.
- Guidetti GF, Manganaro D, Consonni A, Canobbio I, Balduini C, Torti M Phosphorylation of the guanine-nucleotide-exchange factor CalDAG-GEFI by protein kinase A regulates Ca(2+)-dependent activation of platelet Rap1b GTPase. Biochem J. 2013;453:115-23.
- Guidetti GF, Consonni A, Cipolla L, Mustarelli P, Balduini C, Torti M. Nanoparticles induce platelet activation in vitro through stimulation of canonical signalling pathways. Nanomedicine. 2012;8:1329-36. doi:10.1016/j.nano.2012.04.001; PMID: 22542822.
- Consonni A, Cipolla L, Guidetti G, Canobbio I, Ciraolo E, Hirsch E, Falasca M, Okigaki M, Balduini C, Torti M. Role and regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase β in platelet integrin α2β1 signaling. Blood. 2012;119:847-56.
- Guidetti GF, Bernardi B, Consonni A, Rizzo P, Gruppi C, Balduini C, Torti M. Integrin a2b1-induced tyrosine phosphorylation-independent activation of phospholipase Cg2 in adherent platelets: a role for Rac GTPases. J Thromb Haemost. 2009;7:1200-6.
- Guidetti GF, Lova P, Bernardi B, Campus F, Baldanzi G, Graziani A, Balduini C, Torti M. The Gi-coupled P2Y12 receptor regulates diacylglycerol-mediated signaling in human platelets. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2008,283:28795-28805.
- Bernardi B, Guidetti GF, Campus F, Crittenden JR, Graybiel AM, Balduini C, Torti M. The small GTPase Rap1b regulates the cross-talk between platelet integrin alpha2beta1 and integrin alphaIIbbeta3. Blood 2006, 107: 2728-2735.
- Guidetti GF, Bertoni A, Viola M, Tira E, Balduini C, Torti M. The small proteoglycan decorin supports adhesion and activation of human platelets. Blood 2002, 100: 1707-1714.