Scholarship for foreign students, academic year 2019/2020
THE CALL FOR APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSE.
The Department of Biology and Biotechnology offers one scholarship to an excellent foreign student enrolling in the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics in the academic year 2019-2020.
The duration of the scholarship is 2 academic years (from academic year 2019-2020 to 2020-2021). The scholarship will include 10,000 €/year and free accommodation in the Volta University College.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biology, Biotechnology or related disciplines awarded after 2014 by a foreign University (European or Extra-European) and deemed appropriate by an appointed Commission.
Submit an online application to the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics (link), fill the form and tick the option “I intend to apply for the Scholarship”.
May 30, 2019, at 12:00 o’clock p.m. (Italian time).
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Applications for the scholarship will be assessed by an appointed Commission.
Evaluation and selection of the candidates will take place in two steps:
- evaluation of the documents sent by each candidate and of the reference letters. The Commission will select candidates eligible for a Skype interview. The Commission will send to the selected candidates an e-mail to set up the date of the interview by June 15.
- Skype interview. During the Skype interview the Commission will ask questions concerning basic concepts in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Microbiology. The Commission will communicate the results of the interview by e-mail.
Through the Skype interview, the Commission will select the student who will be the recipient of the scholarship and students who will be admitted to the Master Course without the scholarship.
CONDITIONS OF THE AWARDING OF THE SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarships will be awarded according to the following conditions:
- The selected student will have to confirm his/her acceptance of the scholarship and of its conditions within the deadline indicated in the e-mail sent by the Commission.
- Travel expenses will be care of the student.
- If the selected candidate is from an extra-EU country, he/she will have to apply for a student VISA and to pre-enroll to the University of Pavia through the competent Italian diplomatic authority in his/her country by July 24; in order to proceed with the enrolment to the University of Pavia, the student will have to submit a “dichiarazione di valore in loco” of their academic transcripts.
- Insurances will be direct care of the student. In particular, for extra-EU students, health insurance might be bought by the student before leaving the country of origin, being this usually mandatory while applying for the VISA.
- The selected student must enroll in the Master Programme in Molecular Biology and Genetics and pay tuition fees (http://mbg.unipv.eu/how-to-enroll/tuition-fees-and-exemptions/).
- The first six months of the scholarshipmfrwill be paid in advance and subsequent payments will be made every six months after evaluation of the student’s profit.
- This scholarship is not compatible with having any other fellowship or position.
For further information candidates may send an e-mail to email@example.com .